If you have ever seen me in the grocery store and tried to talk to me, you may understand when I say that I am a little bit weird in there (I mean, more so than usual). I tend to focus completely on the job at hand. In fact, I'm not really all that sure that I don't talk to myself...the managers watching the cameras probably have a good laugh every time I come in.I usually have a needs list (things that we have to have), a list from the CouponMom.com with freebies or real cheap things, and my coupons. Sometimes I have my children also, it depends on the day. While shopping, I am also looking for unadvertised deals, and things that we need that I have forgotten until that moment.

Such was the case last Thurs when I was in Publix. I was childless for about an hour and needing a few things. I was completely in my own world as I walked toward the meat dept. The butcher was putting pork chops in the cooler next to mine. I was trying to find the best deal on a pound of ground beef (I had a coupon for a $1 off if you bought Old El Paso tacos - also on sale). As usual, I looked bewildered. He very politely inquired whether or not I needed his help. Although I'm sure that I did, I told him "No, thank you". Now at this point, most people wander away from me with a amused smile on their face. He stood there for an extra second or two...probably trying to decide why my face had a green tint to it (Jonathan and I had face painted earlier that day and some of it wouldn't come off) and whether or not I was an abused wife.
I didn't know what to do in the silence that followed. Being my strange self, I looked at him and said,
"We like Meat!"
I'm pretty sure that is one of the dumbest things that he has ever heard in the meat dept. He just sort of smiled and I started to walk away. He may have said something like, "Good."
Now- most people would have continued walking. Not me. I sort of turned back around and said, "Especially when we have a coupon!"
WHAT A DUMMY!!!
Sadly, I had to return to that dept 2 more times to get something. Thankfully, he wasn't anywhere to be seen...probably laughing and pointing at me in the back room.
When I got home, I told my husband about my goofiness and laughed until I had tears coming out of my eyes!
It was a crazy ending to an insane week.
- Jeff came home early in order to take Jack to the vet. Jack had a slipped disc in his back and would need to be on "bedrest" for 2 weeks.
Thursday: meet Amber and clan for the free 10 AM movie at the Mall of GA. We didn't leave until 3 pm (I did get to do a little shopping while she watched the kids play in the fountain)
Friday: meet my sisters and Mom for a girls night out where I had to come home halfway and feed Sarah. My fault, I haven't tried to bottle feed her again.
Anyway! I hope that everyone had a great 4th of July and this story made you smile! Have a great day!
1 comment:
Sounds like the time I said, "Are you music-ing today" to some musicians at Stone Mountain. Sometimes things just come out, you know.
Post a Comment