Tuesday, April 28

Corn anyone???

Yesterday was full of laughter and small bouts of confusion. It began a lot earlier than most non-school days, which usually signals a rough day. We usually start our day around 8, Jonathan was up at 6:30 and never went back to sleep. At least he stayed in his room until 7, so I was able to snooze a little while Sarah babbling next to me in the bed. Around 10, we were sitting on the back porch with a neighbor when Jonathan decided to do a little gardening. We have some ancient gardening shears that I use to cut grass/weeds that the mower can't get to. Jonathan loves to use them to trim the grass, cut weeds, prune bushes, and apparently make holes in our back porch screen. We already had a small hole there and he decided to see what would happen if he cut the hole larger. Needless to say, he got in trouble. Sarah also took this opportunity to poop all the way thru her outfit (2nd one of the day) and onto my clothes. She is really good at that!

When I went to his room to talk to him about destroying our porch, I had already spoken with Jeff (via phone) on the correct discipline since it wasn't done out of meanness, just childishness. We had decided to make him take $ out of his piggy bank (which he loves to take out and count.....he is definitely Jeff's kid) and "write" an apology to Daddy. After we had written the note, he informed me that he had put something yellow up his nose.

After further investigation, he told me that it was corn. I was confused b/c we haven't had corn in about a week, popcorn in over a month, and no corn art projects have come home recently. But, he said it was corn. I looked up his nostrils for a while and tried to get him to blow his nose. Nothing. He had blown his nose earlier (while still in trouble) and said that it was bloody. I had seen the tissue, just a little blood, like an allergy.

So, after a call to the pediatrician, we headed to the doctor's office. My neighbor was able to watch Sarah at home.

The doctor said that his nose was clear and most likely, "it" had come out earlier. To be safe, she gave me a steroid sample and sent me to Walmart to get Afrin.

Our day was fairly uneventful after that. Daddy got home, we went over again that nothing goes in our noses (I didn't remind Jeff that HE often put his finger in there), ate dinner, and had Jonathan in bed by 7:45. He was asleep by 8:15- poor kid.

1 comment:

Criddy said...

I'm laughing real hard right now.