
My daughter, Sarah Elizabeth was born on December 20. What a blessing she is. She is already sleeping some nights 6-7 hours (not consistently yet), she is nursing well, and will coo, smile, and "talk" to us (especially right after she eats). We are having a lot of fun with her.
Jonathan is doing wonderful with her. He is a very good big brother. He thinks that she is funny and makes up things that she says. For example, this afternoon in the back seat, he told me that he had asked her if that was a good hand (she was sucking her fist) and she told him "yes". Who can say that she actually didn't say that to him?
He tends to be a bit rough, but after all, he is 4! I left them alone the other day while I went to the bathroom for a few minutes. She was propped up on some pillows on my bed. When I got back into the room, she was halfway down the bed. When asked how she got there, Jonathan replied that he was dancing her feet and slid her down.... "She liked it!" Poor baby!
He is my "helper". Tonight, we had personal pizzas for dinner. We make our own dough so he was helping me roll out the dough and prepare the pizzas. I was working on one pizza and he was "rolling" out the other one - basically he was pounding it and flattening it with his hand. I heard little blowing noises and turned around to tell him, "don't spit on the pizzas". I got a little nervous when he looked back at me and said "oh- okay". Yikes!!!! Do you really have to TELL a child that?
That is all that I can write for now....my husband's arm is in a sling (shoulder surgery), my daughter is beginning to wake up for her next feeding, my thumb hurts from touching the pizza pan tonight, I'm dead-dog tired from playing at the park this afternoon with my son (who has quit taking naps....), and I've got wet clothes in the washer from this morning that never made it to the dryer. But this is what makes life fun!
3 comments:
so glad to hear that you are still alive!!! i check you blog from time to time WAITING for more pictures of Sarah! she is soooo cute! keep the pics and the stories coming! hopefully Jeff will be back & up and running with a healthy shoulder soon! i know have two kiddos and a 1/2 crippled husband means a lot more work for you! love ya girl!
Heather- Sarah is so precious!!! Congratulations on your addition! I'm looking forward to hearing more stories. Hope Jeff is back on his feet soon! Love to you all!
I was beginning to wonder about you! So glad to hear that Sarah is doing well. Kiss her, Jonathan, Amber and your mom for me!
Post a Comment