Thursday, September 7
Walmart Woes
Why is Walmart against me? I'm usually a big fan, but not today!!! I took my friend's 3 year old child and Jonathan to the store this morning. I only needed to get a few things so I put them in the buggy set up for 2 children. What a mess! The seats are lower than the buggy, so the children look at your belly button the whole time (or each other). Then they are fixed so that they face each other, and strapped in. It reminded me of a Six Flags ride, but a lot less fun. You can't expect them to behave while being confined within 1 foot of each other. Jonathan spent the time playing with (and pulling) her long blond hair and she pushed his toes from one spot to another. Of course, both wanted to complain the whole time! I can't really blame them, it was a dumb spot to be stuck in (they couldn't even see, Brooklee kept standing up in order to help me put things in the buggy). Not only that, but pushing it is like driving a kitchen table (in length)! I'm not really sure how many people I almost ran into. Anyone else have this problem while shopping - already a stressful activity anyway???? God bless you mothers with more than one child- my hat is off to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
2 in a grocery cart is tough. its sad that i will only shop at kroger bc they have the fun car grocery carts that seat two and they are facing forward and are no where near me when im trying to shop. i just beat on the top of the car when i want them to stop fighting.
I know exactly how you feel. Emma won't go into Target unless I get that kind of cart for her. I hate using them - they are so hard to turn. We used one this past weekend while we were visiting my sister and Emma fell out twice. My kids also want to have the car ones at the grocery store. They'd be alright if my kids would stay seated and not stick their heads out or drag their hands on the floor. I feel your pain!!
MK
Well, I just NEVER take the two of mine shopping at the same time. It's not worth it!!!
I'm calling DFACS on Amber - banging on the cart?
trip loves to get in the car buggies, but our cheap grocery store only has 1 so it is usually taken. i rarely go the store with both unless i need to grab just a few things. then i put quinn in the seat & trip sits (or stands)in the back. i just have to remind him as i put each item in "DON'T TOUCH!!!!!!!!". we do our weekly shopping as a family event & we get two carts (one for each kid). it is a lot easier that way!!
Post a Comment