We have had a very busy day. I had a meeting at 10 am (I thought it was at 9:00- we were a little early), then another lunch meeting. We came home for naptime and then ate a quick dinner (chicken nuggets & mac/cheese), because I had to be back at the church at 7:00 for praise team practice. My stomach likes to act up at the worst times, esp. when I have to be somewhere. It was not feeling good this evening, so I told Jonathan that my tummy was hurting. He looked at me and said, "You not feewing dood?". I said, "No." He then told me "Jesus make you better". Wow- talk about a reality check. So we stopped and prayed for me.
He was the only child at Praise Team tonight, so there wasn't a babysitter. He stayed with me in the sanctuary. Near the end, he decided to sing with me in my microphone. After talking to almost everyone on stage ("hey ____"), he began to sing. He insisted on holding the mic and once the music began, he swayed and looked out at the audience like a pro. (Course- the child was singing/dancing with me in the womb- our church is fairly contemporary.) It was precious, and I was reminded again of that fleeting thing called childhood. (is this the stage where you begin to want another one??? not really sure)
Don't think, "How sweet" too fast, he threw a fit on the way home when something didn't go his way......ah the fickle 2 year old!
sorry- no pictures, will post more later.
4 comments:
Jonathan sounds so cute! We are leaving for vacation tomorrow but I hope we can get together when we are back in town. I think John David and Jonathan would have a blast together! I'll e-mail you soon.
Sounds like you have quite a performer on your hands. But of course that's no surprise. You're quite right, they grow up way too fast.
thats funny.. that aint the kendrick coming out in him, thats all mayfield.
That's not just the fickle age of 2...it will continue! They make me so proud one minute and then there is the next moment...too cute though.
Post a Comment