Sunday, June 3

Gotta Love Summertime!!


I know summer has just begun, but we are already having a great time here in Hog Mountain. I pulled out the pool the other day and let Jonathan help fill it up. It was crazy! He did really well filling it up actually, because soon afterwards we put on his bathing suit. We pretty much had a pool party. Our next door neighbors got in (10 and 14 years old), 1 old white dog (we call him Whitey) visited, my dog tried to take a drink (too short) and the neighbor dog stepped in. As you can see in the above pic, everyone has a good time on pool days around here. (Even I love this pool b/c I can sit down completely in it and not have to bend my knees) If this keeps up, I may have to put a fence around it!

Emptying it is another story. Because it is hard plastic, you can't just let the air out in order to empty the water. You have to bail the water with a bucket. I let Jonathan help me the next evening b/c it was starting to grow pond scum. It started out nice. I showed him how to pour the water out into the flower bed (conserving water). It quickly became every man for himself when he threw some on me. Needless to say, we both had to shower afterwards because we had a water fight. You haven't lived until you've been bested in a water fight with a 2 year old! Luckily, I run faster than he does.

Oh yeah- we have new yellow rain boots in case it ever rains again.
I love Summer!

7 comments:

Meredith said...

VERY FUN! I wanna come swim too! :)

amy said...

that is funny! we got our new blow up pool out the other day, but it hasn't been warm enough here to heat the water. i gave in & let the boys swim the other day, but they were both ice cubes when they got out. it is supposed to warm up this week. maybe we'll try again!

love the diaper & rain boots!

Rebecca Millwood said...

sissy- you should use that pool to lay out without getting hot since you'll soon be wearing a strapless dress...just a thought


i freaking love those boots. i haven't seen jonaston in forever, come to SC please!


i love you

SC Rocks said...

Girl...its been hot enough in SC for that pool and I am jealous. There are two ponds near us that we see every day; except for the fact that there are cows in the fields around them, I would let the girls get in them to cool off when needed.

mk said...

I love the yellow boots outfit!!

Amber said...

theres not much cuter than no pants and yellow boots. well unless its jeff.

Mother of the Year said...

It must be a family trait that you Mayfield descendents can't keep your clothes on!