Monday, June 26



Well, this is my first attempt at a blog. While I'm not one to typically follow the crowd, I do like to show off my boy, Jonathan. So, here goes....

The other day, we got a chance to actually see the Oscar Mayer weinermobile! They were trying to find kids to sing the song for a commercial. While I believe that Jonathan can sing at 18 months, most people would disagree, so I didn't make him try out! I did get up the nerve to ask if I could let him stand next to it and take his picture. He didn't really care one way or the other, but did enjoy standing next to the microphone- my little superstar.

We have finally gotten Jonathan a pool, one of the little blue hard plastic ones. It was on sale and I couldn't resist. I can't wait to try it out- but
it is raining today, so it'll have to wait. I decided I needed one when we got back from a friend's house the other day. We went to play in her baby pool and I got sunburned! You can tell how much I lay out! Oh well- at least Jonathan had a good time. He loved splashing his little friend, who by the way, hates to be splashed. We sat outside all morning, even had a picnic! That is what you do when you are down to one income and you have been thru the Dave Ramsey financial seminar- find free things to do during the day!

Tomorrow we are off to the free movie at The Mall of Georgia- or at least going to meet our friends afterwards for a quick meal at the food court, using coupons of course!

5 comments:

Amber said...

nice weiner!! hello, please call me when the weiner mobile needs singers so i can get mason there. im counting on him being famous so kev and i can retire early!!

mk said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I love the picture of Jonathan with the weiner mobile. I'm sure Daniel and Emma would've loved to "sing" into the microphone. I understand about trying to find things to do that don't cost any money, but it's kinda hard with two in tow.

Meredith said...

It's great to see your blog! Jonathan is adorable!

Jennifer said...

Hey, I'm so excited to see you on blogger!!!! I hope all is going well. I'll check back to get all the updates. Jonathan is too cute!! We are all about free activities as well, however my kids seem to have a mind of their own and pick outrageously expensive outings like six flags-I mean really it would cost like 200 dollars for us to spend the day there. Who has money for that?

Cindy said...

What a cutie!!! I can't believe how big he is now! I hope that you guys are doing well.